Our client is a contract caterer dedicated to providing the best quality fresh food in health and Welfare Sector. They work with Care Homes, Extra Care facilities and other Health or welfare environments of all shapes and sizes across the UK to create healthy meals which taste great, in environments which appeal to vulnerable adults or children.
They are currently looking to recruit a full time Head Chef to look after 1 of 3 homes for their large care centre in Walton on Thames. In Total they cater for up to 100 people throughout the 3 kitchens.
As part of your package, we are offering a competitive salary plus company benefits including:
– good working hours
– 28 days holiday pro-rata (including Bank Holidays)
– You can also purchase up to 5 additional days annual leave
– workplace pension
– high street discounts and more!
As the Head Chef your key responsibilities will consist of:
– Ensure full area of responsibility is clean, appropriately presented and stocked at all times
– Ensure thorough and up to date knowledge and understanding of menu and special offers in order to provide relevant information to customers and clients
– Be responsible for smooth operation of relevant equipment reporting any maintenance issues in line with procedures
– Ensure all complaint handling is dealt with professionally and in line with procedures
– Ensure that COSHH, Food Safety and Health & Safety regulations are adhered to and any incidents are reported in line with procedures
– Ad-hoc duties to support the catering team and services
Head Chef required experience:
– Previous Head Chef experience or Sous Chef ready for the next step
– experience working with fresh food
– Genuine interest in customer service excellence
– a great team player/ Leader – Strength in training
– a good communicator
Shift patterns are:
-5 days out of 7 Rota
-40 hours per week
-every 3rd weekend off (rota dependant)
-07:30 – 16:00 and 10:00 – 19:00 shift patterns
If you are Head Chef looking for a fantastic new opportunity in a great working environment please apply now!
Scattergood’s are acting as an agency on behalf of this vacancy. In line with UK Immigration and Employment Law, only applicants eligible to live and work in the UK need apply. For this position, and other live vacancies, please visit our website www.scattergoods.co.uk