Our client is a Garden Centre showcasing quality, fresh & locally sourced produce at their restaurant & food hall. They are setting a new benchmark by combining local produce and a table service restaurant with an exciting plant and gift offering.
They are currently looking for a a Supervisor to join their team.
Their restaurant is table service with a full menu with all food cooked fresh to order and the emphasis being on good quirky presentation using seasonal ingredients. Their staff are the most memorable part of our guests’ experience and inspire them to return and use us regularly rather than just for special occasions.
Their food hall is a full shopping experience including an in store (concessioned) butchery with personal service counters as well as high quality value for money fresh self selection. The foodhall offers loose fruit and vegetables, ready to eat frozen meals, pastries, bakery, chilled dairy goods, alcohol, drinks, general grocery along with seasonal goods, sourced locally where ever possible.
In your role of Supervisor you will support the department manager with delivering outstanding service and merchandising standards. You will be a hands on leader with a passion for delivering a memorable customer service experience.
You will support the department manager in the following areas:
* Train, motivate and coach members of the department to perform to their best and provide an outstanding customer experience
* Share product knowledge and selling skills expertise with the team to optimise the team’s capability to answer customer queries and to upsell
* Work hands on with team members and promote the importance and benefits of effective team working. Demonstrate a positive leadership style with an enthusiastic, positive, committed and flexible attitude
* Provide exceptional standards throughout the department in the following areas: display and merchandising, cleanliness, health & safety, signage, stimulating ideas, and product quality
* Work collaboratively with other departments with regard to cross-merchandising, helping to give customers ideas and link-selling
* Answer the telephone for the department
* Ensure that paperwork relating to products / the department is accurately completed to relevant deadlines
* Provide efficient services e.g. ensuring that baskets and trolleys are clean and in position
* Build and maintain excellent working relationships with internal and external contacts
* Support with opening / closing procedures
* Attend training courses and other events as required. This may involve travel and overnight stay
* Take part in the store stocktaking programme to include out of hours working as required
* Carry out any other duties as decided by the Department Manager
The ideal candidate will have:
-Supervisory experience gained in a retail environment
-Extensive knowledge of product within department Experience of merchandising rapidly changing stock
-Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
-Outstanding organisational skills
-Ability to engage the enthusiasm of team members and inspire them to perform to their best
-Willingness to contribute fully and flexibly as part of the overall store management team
-Strong security awareness and understanding of the vulnerability of stock within a retail environment
-H&S awareness within a retail environment
It is beneficial to have:
-Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word and Excel
This Supervisor position offers a competitive salary + benefits and an excellent work life balance.
Scattergood’s are acting as an agency on behalf of this vacancy. In line with UK Immigration and Employment Law, only applicants eligible to live and work in the UK need apply. For this position, and other live vacancies, please visit our website www.scattergoods.co.uk