Our client educates over 200 children at its school in Newbury, Berkshire and they are currently looking to recruit their Sous Chef to help provide an exceptional catering service to the children, staff and visitors.
The Sous Chef works alongside the Head Chef to manage daily kitchen activities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* To lead the kitchen team in the absence of the Head Chef
* To provide guidance to junior kitchen staff members, including, but not limited to; line cooking; food preparation, and dish plating
* Oversees and organises kitchen stock and ingredients
* Ensures a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated and organised for quality assurance
* Keeps cooking stations stocked, especially before and during prime operation hours
* Hires new kitchen employees to the School and trains them to kitchen standards
* Manages food and product ordering by keeping detailed records and minimises waste, plus works with existing systems to improve waste reduction and manage budgetary concerns
* Supervises all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and restaurant standards
* Works with the Head Chef to maintain kitchen organisation, staff ability, and training opportunities
* Verifies that food storage units all meet standards and are consistently well-managed
* Assists Head Chef with menu creation
* Coordinated with Catering Management team on supply ordering, budget, and kitchen efficiency and staffing.
Sous Chef essential knowledge/experience:
* Extensive food and beverage knowledge
* Restaurant industry knowledge and experience
* Knowledge of restaurant regulations
* Working within a customer focused environment
* Passion for working within the Catering and Hospitality industry
* Experience with Food Allergies, Special Diets and Labelling
* Formal culinary training
* Food Hygiene Certificate
This Sous Chef role is term time working 41 weeks per year with 11 weeks holiday. Hours: 37 Hours Per Week. It’s a 5/7 day per week shift pattern, working 1 weekend in 3. There are two shifts; 7am to 2.30pm and then 11.30am to 7pm.
Scattergood’s are acting as an agency on behalf of this vacancy. In line with UK Immigration and Employment Law, only applicants eligible to live and work in the UK need apply. For this position, and other live vacancies, please visit our website www.scattergoods.co.uk