Are you a passionate chef, fed up with working long hours, in an environment where you have no input in the dishes you are creating? If so, we have a very exciting opportunity just for you!
Our client is looking to recruit a passionate chef to work in their Gym Café. The gym provides first – class experience to members, prospective members and visitors to our facility.
* To maintain a high standard of cleanliness in the kitchen.
* To be responsible for the preparation of food, in line with previously agreed menus, and the regular cleaning of kitchen equipment.
* In consultation with the Gym Manager and Senior Management, be responsible for the preparation of seasonal menu’s, taking account of any special dietary needs.
* To maintain adequate stores and food stuffs in appropriate storage conditions.
* To order all food and maintain monthly records for stocktaking purposes of all food stuff.
* To ensure the kitchen and all kitchen equipment is kept clean and tidy.
* To ensure all crockery and utensils are washed-up, using the dishwasher as appropriate.
* To clean and defrost fridge and freezer as necessary.
* To attend staff meetings and training sessions as required.
* To be responsible for participating in all self-development activities, including appraisals.
* In conjunction with the Gym Manager and/or Senior Management, assist in monitoring and controlling all catering costs.
The role is Monday to Friday with no evenings
Scattergood’s are acting as an agency on behalf of this vacancy. In line with UK Immigration and Employment Law, only applicants eligible to live and work in the UK need apply. For this position, and other live vacancies, please visit our website www.scattergoods.co.uk