Our client, a Garden Centre restaurant, showcases quality, fresh & locally sourced produce in their restaurant & food hall. Their philosophy is simple – to create exceptional dishes using the finest ingredients, which are brought to the guests table by their friendly team.
They are currently looking to recruit their chef de partie to join their talented and friendly team.
As the Chef de Partie you are responsible for working within the Kitchen team and supporting the Sous Chef and the Head Chef in the production of food as directed through the daily shift plan and under the guidance of the senior Kitchen personnel.
Chef de Partie Job Description:
– Supervise Commis Chefs in your responsibility and to oversee their production to the correct standards of working.
– Run a section during service and ensure food is produced quickly to a high standard whilst supervising those around you.
– Take the lead on sections from time to time such as breakfast service and to organise colleagues as required.
– Prepare all ingredients on your production lists carefully and one at a time to minimise the amount of stock left out at any one time and to protect quality and consistency.
– Store all prepared ingredients in session chillers in the correct order ready for service
– Keep your section safe, neat and tidy during service and to take responsibility for assisting colleagues where required
– Maintain good concentration and organisation during service and to listen clearly to instructions and respond efficiently and clearly.
-To support others around you as required.
– Highlight any areas of poor quality to seniors as required to prevent customers from receiving food not to an acceptable standard.
– From time to time to deputise for Sous Chef as required in covering preparations on specials.
This Chef de Partie position offers a competitive salary plus the fantastic benefits of daytimes hours and a work life balance.
Scattergood’s are acting as an agency on behalf of this vacancy. In line with UK Immigration and Employment Law, only applicants eligible to live and work in the UK need apply. For this position, and other live vacancies, please visit our website www.scattergoods.co.uk