Our client is a well-respected members golf club in North Surrey. As well as providing the day to day catering requirements for the members, guests, club matches and golf societies they also cater for functions on site during the year, up to a capacity of 100+ per function.
The Club is currently looking to recruit their Head Chef to provide a superior dining experience across all aspects of the Club.
As Head Chef you will report directly to the Manager and the role will include:
-the management of functions
-creating and developing menus and the daily specials board, costing, supplier ordering, food safety and staff supervision, as well as any other duties or tasks related to the running of a busy kitchen
-improving and developing the department’s quality, variety and service levels while working within given budgets.
-the implementation of H&S procedures, and ensuring that the kitchen is clean and meets safety standards at all times.
Key requirements for the role are:
* Previous experience within a busy kitchen preferred
* Good Knowledge of HACCP, Food Safety and H&S requirements
* Ability to cost menus and dishes and work within given budgets
* Excellent product knowledge required
* Ability to work within a team as well as on their own
* Previous staff supervision preferred
* Flexibility to work as required to meet the needs of the business
* A conscientious, flexible ‘can-do’ working style
* Good social and interpersonal skills
* A desire to learn and progress the role
* A strong work ethic and the ability to use initiative
This Head Chef position offers a good salary of up to £35K per annum plus excellent benefits including an extra 10 days holiday in January, on top of the standard 28 days holiday.
You will work on a 5/7 day basis, straight shift patterns, mainly daytimes but as business dictates.
If you are a Head Chef looking for a fantastic opportunity then this could be the role for you.
Scattergood’s are acting as an agency on behalf of this vacancy. In line with UK Immigration and Employment Law, only applicants eligible to live and work in the UK need apply. For this position, and other live vacancies, please visit our website www.scattergoods.co.uk