Our client are one of the largest staff associations in the UK and are based in Leatherhead, Surrey. They have a large catering team and state of the art catering facilities. They cater for up to 80+ daily with their busiest periods being Monday to Thursday.
They are currently looking to recruit a Chef de Partie to join their talented kitchen team.
Chef de Partie duties & Responsibilities will include:
-To be Responsible for the running, ordering, maintenance and cleaning of the kitchen
-To oversee the preparation, cooking, and presentation of meals
– Enforcing strict health and hygiene standards in the kitchen; and trouble-shooting any problems that may arise.
– To manage and deliver the production needs of the section to the required standards.
– To manage time through effective planning of work, maintaining a high level of productivity.
– To participate in the organisation of ordering, cost controlling and wastage of food.
– To give orders within their section, as well as reliably carry out orders handed down to them by the sous chef and head chef.
– To ensure that temperature checks, samples and cleaning schedules are completed.
– Understand COSHH before using any chemicals or cleaning substances.
– To be responsible for the delivery of all foods, ensuring an acceptable standard, distributed to correct storage area and maintaining good stock rotation.
Successful applicants will have
-Relevant knowledge, skills and experience as a chef
-Working knowledge of HACCP
You will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, straight shifts on a 5/7 day basis. Shifts will be approximately 7am-3pm or 1pm- 9pm on a rota basis with some weekends off.
Excellent Company Benefits include:
-Good Contributory pension scheme
-Discounted or free food
-22 days paid holiday plus 8 bank holidays
If you are looking for an exciting new chef role that will offer you a work life balance as well as a raft of other excellent benefits then please apply now.
Scattergood’s are acting as an agency on behalf of this vacancy. In line with UK Immigration and Employment Law, only applicants eligible to live and work in the UK need apply. For this position, and other live vacancies, please visit our website www.scattergoods.co.uk