Our client is a well-established, family leisure attraction based near Leatherhead. Owned and managed by the same family for 25 years they have a highly successful business and are growing from Strength to Strength. The catering facilities on site include a large tea room and outside area which on a busy day can cater for in excess of 400-500 covers in addition to kids birthday parties etc.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Assistant Food and Beverage Manager to join the management team initially for 12 months maternity cover, with possible permanent employment potential.
The ideal candidate must have a good knowledge of catering and staff management/supervision, with a passion for delivering a 5-star customer experience. This is a fast paced and exciting role which combines both kitchen and front of house management.
* Support the Catering Manager in maintaining a quality, safe and well-run catering department (inclusive of the tearooms, coffee shop, snack shack and party rooms).
* To duty manage the daily operations of the catering department effectively ensuring the team have clearly defined roles, responsibilities and objectives. Provide motivation,
encouragement and regular feedback to the team.
* To be responsible for the production and sale of quality food and drink in accordance with Food Hygiene Regulations, Health and Safety Regulations, Licensing Laws and Trading Standards whilst meeting company standards.
* To carry out all day to day operations as required including food preparation and service, cooking, cleaning, till operation, stock handling, cash handling, dish washing etc.
* To assist with administrative duties where required including daily, weekly and monthly paperwork, ordering, staff rota etc.
* To work in close co-operation with the other department managers
* To take part in all such training as your job may require.
* To carry out other duties related to the business as reasonably required.
The ideal candidate will:
*Have an excellent understanding of food safety and hygiene
*Have experience in a similar role
*Be highly motivated and have high standards of customer service
*Create a positive team atmosphere
*Have personality and a smile!
5 days per week from Tuesday – Saturday, 9am – 6pm.
Scattergood’s are acting as an agency on behalf of this vacancy. In line with UK Immigration and Employment Law, only applicants eligible to live and work in the UK need apply. For this position, and other live vacancies, please visit our website www.scattergoods.co.uk