Our client, a well-established Cafe situated in a beautiful estate, is seeking a quality driven Chef who will make a positive contribution to the growth of the business over the next few years.
The 70 cover Café, serves a contemporary breakfast menu, light lunches, snacks, daily specials, Afternoon Tea, coffees and home-made cakes with as much as possible sourced locally.
They are seeking an experienced, friendly and professional team member to contribute in all aspects of delivering excellent quality food and service to our customers.
Responsibilities & Duties:
Suitable candidates must have a track record in Professional Cookery, a cool head, and be able to demonstrate skills in the following areas:
-To assist in the preparation, cooking and presentation of short order food to the highest standards in a clean, tidy, safe and pleasant environment.
– To assist the Head Chef in the development of new dishes and menus.
-To prepare and cook sufficient food to provide the agreed amount of customer choice with minimum wastage.
– To ensure all food preparation is carried out in accordance with food hygiene procedures.
– To ensure food is prepared to required standards checking for taste, presentation and quality.
– To ensure food is served promptly and work is carried out quickly and efficiently to keep up when busy.
– To ensure portion control, preparation and storage methods, avoid wastage and keep down costs.
– To assist in completion of the weekly Kitchen Diary.
– To ensure the kitchen and service area are clean, tidy and attractive during service.
– To deal with customer/staff requests promptly and politely. Listen to customer/staff comments and deal with them as appropriate or pass on to a more senior member of staff to ensure prompt follow up action is taken.
– To ensure you know all about the food being prepared.
– To be fully conversant in food allergen legislation and ensure that all food items prepared/sold in the Café have the required allergen information available.
This Chef role is a full-time position (40 hours per week), 5/7 days per week, day time shifts. Hours of work are approximately 7.30am-3.30pm.
This Chef position offers a good salary plus benefits.
The Café is located in a rural setting, so own transportation is essential.
If you are looking for a chef role which offers a great work life balance and a lovely working environment then this could be the perfect role for you!
Scattergood’s are acting as an agency on behalf of this vacancy. In line with UK Immigration and Employment Law, only applicants eligible to live and work in the UK need apply. For this position, and other live vacancies, please visit our website www.scattergoods.co.uk