Our client is an Exclusive Private Members Club in the heart of Surrey countryside, near Leatherhead.
They are looking for a committed Chef to join their busy and successful kitchen team and further develop their career.
As Chef de Partie you will be expected to assist in the preparation and delivery of dishes in all sections of the kitchen under the supervision of the Head Chef. You will either have proven experience as a Chef de Partie in a similar environment, or be a strong Commis Chef looking to progress and develop in their career.
Hours are based on 5 days out of 7, predominately day time hours.
Chef de Partie Duties and Responsibilities:
* To assist the senior chef’s by being creative, flexible and proactive
* Ensure that menu items are consistently produced and delivered at the standards set by the Head Chef
* Ability to work unsupervised in the Head Chef’s absence
* Receipt & storage of all provisions, fresh & frozen, in accordance with current food hygiene regulations including stock rotation and storage
* Ensuring all food is labelled clearly & correctly
* Checking all menus to ensure foodstuffs have been received and are prepared on time to the required standards
* Cleaning according to the cleaning schedules
* To provide assistance in the absence of other section Chef’s as instructed by the Head Chef or his Deputy
* Accept accountability/responsibility in the absence of the senior kitchen team to ensure that departmental procedures are implemented and maintained including hygiene and safety standards are in line with our 5* star hygiene rating
* To undertake training as and when required
* Any other reasonable duties required by the Head Chef
* Good team player, hardworking and enthusiastic
* Passionate about food
* Staff uniform
* Straight shifts working 5 days out of 7
* Free meals on duty
* Free parking
* Use of our stunning golf course at selected times
* Generous work pension scheme
* Share of staff gratuities
If you are looking for a Chef role which offers a great work life balance as well as the opportunity to learn and progress then this could be the perfect role for you.
Scattergood’s are acting as an agency on behalf of this vacancy. In line with UK Immigration and Employment Law, only applicants eligible to live and work in the UK need apply. For this position, and other live vacancies, please visit our website www.scattergoods.co.uk