Our client a school based in Farnham, Surrey are currently looking for a Front of House Catering Supervisor to join their team.
The Front of House Supervisor role is to help deliver a quality catering service in line with health, safety and hygiene requirements.
Responsibilities will include supervising front of house, overseeing the setup of events and functions and serving staff, pupils and parents in a polite and friendly manner .
Front of House Supervisor Main Responsibilities:
* Assist with the delivery of the schools events i.e. parent receptions, Christmas parties, staff functions, Open days, special breakfasts and Afternoon teas, Year 8 formal dinner, Governor meetings , Speech days etc.
* Liaise with Head Chef to enable a smooth daily service
* Organise front of house staff to make sure meals are served on time
* Be allergen aware of staff and pupils
* Set up the dining room for lunch time service (salad bar, dressings, yoghurt, bread)
* Control and maintain a high standard of service for Match teas
* Check stock and complete order sheets on a weekly basis (dry food)
* Order in a timely manner any disposables, cleaning materials required to deliver a quality service
* Ensure all staff are properly dressed at all times in accordance with company policy
* Maintain staff discipline and conduct in accordance with company policy and procedures
* To be proactive, enthusiastic, organised, flexible, dedicated and to lead by example
* Ensuring excellent levels of service are being delivered to the customers during service
* Prepare and organise coffee and tea trays for meetings
* Good understanding of English, spoken and written
* Full UK driving licence essential, as own transport required
Hours and Holidays
You will be required to work 42.5hrs per week. Shifts are:
Monday 8am – 4.30pm
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 11am – 7.30pm
Friday 8am- 4.30pm
*flexibility maybe required at busy times. At certain times of the year there are evening/weekend events which the Front of House Supervisor will be required to work.
Catering staff generally work during school terms plus a few days before and after terms for cleaning, training, etc. There are also some residential lettings during the school holidays and the jobholder will be expected to work during these times. There is a regular 3 day shift during the Easter holidays and a further 5 day shift during the summer holidays.
This Front of House Catering Supervisor position offers a good salary, excellent working hours and a lovely working environment.
If you are looking for a new catering role offering an excellent work life balance please apply now.
Scattergood’s are acting as an agency on behalf of this vacancy. In line with UK Immigration and Employment Law, only applicants eligible to live and work in the UK need apply. For this position, and other live vacancies, please visit our website www.scattergoods.co.uk