Our client, a fantastic golf facility based near Weybridge, Surrey are looking to recruit a General Manager who has a strong restaurant and events background.
The General Manager is responsible for the management and profitability of the restaurant, banqueting, weddings and events. Leading the teams forward to achieve the highest levels of customer service whilst identifying income streams, driving sales and managing costs.
Duties and Responsibilities
– As an experienced P&L manager you will drive profit margins, turnover and staffing ratios. To deliver and own, the annual budget projections and outcomes and present to the Board.
– Deliver on KPIs and input into future
– Responsible for input into future investment and development growth areas of the business.
– Have operational control of the restaurant and the kitchen ensuring optimised occupancy and usage for all areas.
– Ensuring catering and service standards are maintained and delivered through the restaurant and to high volume events.
– The post holder will demonstrate the drive and enthusiasm to lead and inspire several teams to achieve the best possible performance.
– Recruitment and selection of appropriate staff.
– Dedicate time to ensure the development of your teams and ensure that there are viable succession plans in place. Holding regular team meetings, keeping staff informed of company
activities, expectations and performance.
The ideal General Manager will have:
– Minimum of five years’ operational experience at a comparable level.
– General management of all catering activity (restaurant and banqueting), including staff management.
– Strong financial acumen. Experienced in managing a P&L.
– Demonstrable Entrepreneurial spirit with a track record of successful end to end project delivery.
– Previous experience of managing concurrent multi skill teams
– Flexible approach to work and working hours
– Understanding and compliance with health and safety requirements
– Experience dealing with the public and customer complaints
This role is suitable to a current General Manager or Food & Beverage Manager looking for the next step.
Apply today if you feel this is the right role for you.
Scattergood’s are acting as an agency on behalf of this vacancy. In line with UK Immigration and Employment Law, only applicants eligible to live and work in the UK need apply. For this position, and other live vacancies, please visit our website www.scattergoods.co.uk