Our client a Country Hotel & Members Club located near Leatherhead, Surrey, currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Kitchen Manager to join their team.
As the Kitchen Manager you will work closely with the Head Chefs and be responsible for Food Safety & Hygiene Compliance, Cost Control of all Food & Beverage stock, Management of kitchen equipment and supporting the culinary teams with rota management and controlling payroll costs.
Hours of Work:
45 hours a week, mainly daytime hours.
Who you are
* Previous experience in a similar role within the hospitality industry
* Level 3 Food Safety certificate, is desirable
* Formal Culinary Qualifications, is desirable
* The ability to perform under pressure and work in a fast-paced environment
* Strong communication skills, well organised and the ability to collaborate within the client and with external parties.
* The successful candidate will be a strong influencer with the desire to support the culinary team across both properties.
What you’ll be doing
* Managing the central Food Stores, internal requisitions and transfers
* Attending and chairing weekly Chef’s meeting and producing agreed actions
* Leading Monthly Food & Beverage Stocktakes; ensuring a nominated individual is in place in each area and support, as required
* Procure equipment, as required
* Work with Head Chefs to ensure that rotas and extra shifts are forecasted and updated on the system
* Support the Head Chefs to ensure all Food Hygiene and Health & Safety policies are in place, fully compliant, checked & signed off
* Support the team with kitchen administrative duties.
This Kitchen manager position offers a salary of up to £40K DOE plus excellent benefits.
As a member of the team you can expect to receive:
* Competitive salary
* Personal development support
* Wide range of recognised qualifications and development opportunities
* Free employee shuttle bus from our local train station
* Discounted rates on Food & Beverage
* Meals on duty for some positions
* 28 days annual leave(including Bank Holidays), rising by 1 day each year for 5 years
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Long Service Awards
* Earn up to £1000 for recommend a friend scheme
* Cycle to work scheme
If this Kitchen Manager position sounds like the right role for you, please apply now!
Scattergood’s are acting as an agency on behalf of this vacancy. In line with UK Immigration and Employment Law, only applicants eligible to live and work in the UK need apply. For this position, and other live vacancies, please visit our website www.scattergoods.co.uk