Our client a leading Country Hotel & Members Club, located near Leatherhead, Surrey, currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Sous Chef to work in their team.
They produce rustic, Mediterranean-style dishes which skilfully showcase the very best seasonal produce. The Head chef is passionate about locally sourced, fresh ingredients which, where possible, are obtained from the onsite kitchen garden as well as from nearby suppliers.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
The Senior Sous Chef will assist the Head Chef in the preparation and service of food, ensuring that the highest standards of quality and hygiene are maintained at all times. The Senior Sous Chef will deputise when the Head Chef is absent and will also have responsibility for the training of all new employees.
Senior Sous Chef responsibilities:
* Responsible for the production of food within the designated section, supervising junior chefs and checking all dishes before they are sent to ensure they meet the required standards
* Have full knowledge of all menus and of their recipes and quantities of ingredients
* Ensure correct stock control procedures are adhered to in the kitchen, including the appropriate storage, rotation and retention of stock and inform the Head Chef of any irregularities
* Assist the Head Chef in ordering food items for the kitchen
* Purchase perishables from nominated suppliers and provide regular price comparisons between suppliers to the Head Chef
* Ensure the effective use of utilities and equipment within the kitchen, reporting any maintenance issues to the Head Chef at the earlier opportunity
* Actively communicate with the Front of House team to ensure a smooth and efficient service
* Perform inventories as and when required
* Prepare all employee rotas and complete weekly timesheets as required
* Ensure an emphasis in cost control in the kitchen, ensuring stock consumption is managed and wastage is kept to a minimum
-Formal catering qualifications required i.e. City & Guilds or equivalent
Knowledge & Skills:
-Knowledge of current Health & Safety legislation, food & hygiene regulations and COSHH & HACCP
-Smart and presentable
-Good communicator – verbal and written.
-Confident in dealing with people and Managers of departments.
-Overall an inspiring and naturally positive individual.
In addition to a competitive reward, they are committed to investing heavily in your development and helping you grow a long-term career.
As a member of the team you can expect to receive:
*Personal development support
*Wide range of recognised qualifications and development opportunities
*Discounted rates on Food & Beverage
*Meals on duty for some positions
*28 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays), rising by 1 day each year for 5 years
*Employee Assistance Programme
*Long Service Awards
*Earn up to £1000 for recommend a friend scheme
*Cycle to work scheme
*And other local benefits
If you are looking for a Senior Sous Chef role where you can cook with the best ingredients and receive excellent benefits then this is the role for you.
Scattergood’s are acting as an agency on behalf of this vacancy. In line with UK Immigration and Employment Law, only applicants eligible to live and work in the UK need apply. For this position, and other live vacancies, please visit our website www.scattergoods.co.uk