Our client, one of the UK’s leading contract caterers in Education Catering are currently looking to recruit a General Manager for one of their independent school contracts in Walton-on-Thames, Surrey.
As the General Manager you will be required to provide a professional catering service, ensuring that company standards are maintained and that client expectations are met within the agreed objectives for the location.
* To set objectives and be responsible for the day to day running of the location, including supervising the recruitment and selection process to ensure that it effectively meets the need of the location.
* To assess employee performance and recognise training needs and potential as appropriate.
* To ensure that the location achieves, as a minimum, the financial targets agreed with the client in line with the budget.
* To monitor the work of all the managers and carry out appraisals ensuring that information is filed appropriately, with development plans that are actively used.
* To hold team meetings on a regular basis to communicate targets, standards required and company and client information.
* To work in conjunction with the company Operations Manager to prepare budgets; to achieve and maintain the food cost in accordance with the budget.
* To control and achieve agreed financial targets whilst maximising all commercial opportunities.
* To develop and evolve all clients services at location, ensuring regular adjustments and improvements are both recommended and implemented.
* To ensure compliance with the company’s policy on safer recruitment and safeguarding children and young adults at all times whilst at work.
Term Time – 42 weeks
Predominately Monday to Friday plus hospitality.
The ideal candidate will have a chef background as well as General Management experience in independent schools to a high standard.
This General Manager position offers excellent benefits including:
-Free meals whilst at work
-Career development opportunities
-Reward & recognition schemes
-People awards to celebrate employees
-Employee Benefits Platform
-Employee Assistance Program
-Recommend a friend scheme
-Company sick pay scheme
-Prestigious working environments
-Team events scheduled throughout the year
If you are a talented General Manager looking for a new opportunity with a great company please apply now.
Scattergood’s are acting as an agency on behalf of this vacancy. In line with UK Immigration and Employment Law, only applicants eligible to live and work in the UK need apply. For this position, and other live vacancies, please visit our website www.scattergoods.co.uk