CAFE MANAGER – THEMED BRASSERIE – DAYTIME
|Location||England, Surrey, Redhill|
|Contact Name||Scattergoods Agency Ltd|
|Salary||Up to £26000 per annum + benefits|
Cafe Manager – Redhill
Our client is a 1930’s aviation-themed brasserie and coffee house based in Redhill; serving superb quality homemade food with virtually everything down to the cakes and chutneys freshly made on the premises. Our client is currently looking for a café/ front of house manager
40 hours work per week
Every Saturday and Sunday (except for holidays and booked days off)
Daily they serve cooked breakfasts from 8:00am, pastries, sandwiches, full lunches, Barista-made Caffé Torelli coffee from our Italian espresso coffee machines (drink in or takeaway), and a range of soft drinks to cater for all tastes.
Overview of the role:
The role involves undertaking the day-to-day running of the customer area of the café/ restaurant
* To provide an excellent standard of service to customers.
* To take personal ownership and responsibility for resolving enquiries from customers promptly. This may involve handling complaints.
* Will effectively communicate with kitchen dept, Directors, senior managers, staff and customers by telephone, e-mail or in writing in a clear, concise and polite manner
* Manage a team of waiting staff and kitchen porters
* To take adequate measures to protect the property and goodwill of the business.
* To assist in reviewing, developing and implementing changes to work practices
* Cash-handling and reconciliation and resolving errors.
* Daily management of social media
* Staff rotas and hour-by-hour staff level management
* Stock control including ordering.
* To ensure junior staff correctly carry out all of the above
* Calmness under pressure
* Leadership of junior staff
* Effective understanding and use of social media
* Excellent communication and numerical skills
* Friendly, polite and approachable
* Team Player
* Positive Attitude
Scattergood’s are acting as an agency on behalf of this vacancy. In line with UK Immigration and Employment Law, only applicants eligible to live and work in the UK need apply. For this position, and other live vacancies, please visit our website www.scattergoods.co.uk
Click Here to apply online now, or call Scattergoods Agency Ltd on 01483 461960