Chef – Care Home
|Location||England, Surrey, Haslemere|
|Contact Name||Scattergoods Agency Ltd|
|Salary||Up to £13.50 per hour + + Benefits|
Our client is part of an award-winning Care Group, with a home based in Haslemere, Surrey and they currently require a Chef to join a growing Catering Team who provide a high quality, well-presented and efficient food and beverage service to their residents.
This home is both a residential and nursing care facility and can cater for up to 55 residence.
Chef Main Duties:
– To assist the Care Home Manager or Catering Manager in the provision and maintenance of a high quality, nutritionally balanced and well-presented food service.
– The preparation and cooking of food following menus.
– To supervise and help train junior staff in catering duties as well as Food Hygiene, Health and Safety and COSHH regulations, ensuring compliance with the same.
– In the Catering Manager’s absence, to order and check in all kitchen supplies, maintaining stock control systems and accurate records.
– To ensure the safe storage of all food stuffs, to control the stock rotation and to ensure the economical use of supplies.
-The responsibilities will be dispersed within the team of chefs. You will report directly to the Catering Manager
-Necessary: NVQ II in Catering or equivalent
-Desirable: NVQ III or equivalent in Catering
-Desirable: Previous catering experience in a Care Home
In this Chef role you will be working shifts of 7am-2pm or 1pm – 7pm, 5 days out of 7 and working alternate weekends. The role is based on 36 hours per week.
If you are a Chef looking for a work life balance and a competitive rate of pay then this could be the role for you.
Scattergood’s are acting as an agency on behalf of this vacancy. In line with UK Immigration and Employment Law, only applicants eligible to live and work in the UK need apply. For this position, and other live vacancies, please visit our website www.scattergoods.co.uk
Click Here to apply online now, or call Scattergoods Agency Ltd on 01483 461960