Chef de Partie – Cafe – Maidenhead
|Location||England, Berkshire, Maidenhead|
|Contact Name||Scattergoods Agency Ltd|
|Salary||£20000 - £21000 per annum + + Benefits|
Our client a prestige garden centre situated in a beautiful Estate is seeking a quality, driven inspirational Chef de Partie who will make a contribution to the growth of the business over the next few years.
The 70 cover Café, serves a contemporary breakfast menu, light lunches, snacks, daily specials, Afternoon Tea, coffees and home-made cakes with as much as possible sourced locally. The Estate also hosts, and caters for a program of events throughout the year.
We are seeking an experienced, friendly and professional Chef de Partie to contribute in all aspects of delivering excellent quality and service to our customers.
Chef de Partie Responsibilities & Duties:
Suitable candidates must have a track record in Professional Cookery and be able to demonstrate skills in the following areas:
-To assist in the preparation, cooking and presentation of short order food to the highest standards in a clean, tidy, safe and pleasant environment.
– To assist the Head Chef in the development of new dishes and menus.
-To prepare and cook sufficient food to provide the agreed amount of customer choice with minimum wastage.
– To ensure all food preparation is carried out in accordance with food hygiene procedures.
– To ensure food is prepared to required standards checking for taste, presentation and quality.
– To ensure food is served promptly and work is carried out quickly and efficiently to keep up when busy.
– To ensure portion control, preparation and storage methods, avoid wastage and keep down costs.
– To assist in completion of the weekly Kitchen Diary.
– To ensure the kitchen and service area are clean, tidy and attractive during service.
– To deal with customer/staff requests promptly and politely.
– To ensure you know all about the food being prepared.
– To be fully conversant with food allergen legislation and ensure that all food items prepared/sold in the Café have the required allergen information available.
The Café is open 7 days per week and you will be required to work 5/7 days. This Chef de Partie role is a full-time position (primarily day shifts) and working alongside the Head Chef and one other Chef de Partie. It offers the advantage of daytimes hours with occasional evenings required for special events.
The Café is located in a rural setting, so own transportation is essential.
If you are a Chef de Partie looking for a role with daytime hours and a great work life balance whilst cooking with fresh locally sourced ingredients, please apply now!
Scattergood’s are acting as an agency on behalf of this vacancy. In line with UK Immigration and Employment Law, only applicants eligible to live and work in the UK need apply. For this position, and other live vacancies, please visit our website www.scattergoods.co.uk
Click Here to apply online now, or call Scattergoods Agency Ltd on 01483 461960