CHEF DE PARTIE – ROSETTE HOTEL – NR GUILDFORD – LIVE IN
CDP £23K GUILDFORD 2 ROSETTTE HOTEL – LIVE IN AVAILABLE
Our client a rosette level standard Kitchen within a reputable country house Hotel on the outskirts of Guildford currently have an exciting opportunity to enhance their team with a new chef de partie opportunity.
They are looking for a chef de partie with a keen interest in food and a great personality to share their passion for the hospitality industry in delivering service with a smile. The
ideal chef de partie will be organised, an excellent communicator and a hands on chef with exceptional attention to detail and the passion to go the extra mile for the customers.
Previous experience in a Commis/Demi Chef de Partie role working within conference and banqueting as well as some fine dining experience would be an advantage
Working with our Head Chef, you will be working across all areas of the Kitchen.
Duties will include;
* Producing food for all service periods in the Restaurant, as well as Bar food, Banqueting, Room Service and Afternoon tea.
* Preparation, production and service of food to the standard required in a timely and efficient manner
* Fresh local seasonal produce used wherever possible with some being grown in our small kitchen garden. Food is cooked and prepared from fresh on a daily basis.
* Be responsible for receiving and storing of all relevant food and non-food items.
* Practice and promote effective teamwork and communication amongst your direct work colleagues and colleagues in other departments.
* Carry out daily cleaning duties within the kitchen as directed by the Head/Sous Chef in addition to following a ‘clean as you go’ policy.
* Ensure compliance with in house HACCP and food hygiene, health and safety systems to ensure compliance.
* Completing duties in a culture and with an attitude of always striving to exceed standards to promote improvements and raise the quality of feedback from all diners across the hotel.
The business is varied offering catering to Hotel Guests, In-house Conference Delegates, as well as guests from the local area. Barnett Hill is a popular wedding venue with weddings
taking place in the 3 wedding suites. 38 -40 weddings per year for up to 70 guests with 100 guests for evening receptions.
* Working 5 shifts per week 45 hrs per week.
* Previous experience in a quality environment working with fresh produce.
* Demonstrate during a trial shift the practical ability to work to a 2 Rosette standard.
* Hold the experience to work within a team covering the multi menu requirements and busy banqueting operation.
In addition you will benefit from a range of company benefits including:
Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself and your family at all hotels
Discounted hair treatments at our two Utopia Spas
Discount off all food & beverage at all hotels
Discount of individual treatments booked in our two Utopia Spas
Discount on retail products in our two Utopia Spas
Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme In additional you will enjoy a range of other benefits when you celebrate your 1 yr, 3 yr and 5 yr anniversary including; your birthday off paid, complimentary overnight stays, complimentary lunch/afternoon tea & service related holiday
You will be required to work 5/7 days, straight shifts, 40 hours per week.
This position offers a salary of £23K dependent on experience + excellent benefits inc:
. Contributory pension scheme
. Medical cash plan
. Performance related bonus scheme,
. Life assurance
. Meals on Duty
Scattergood’s are acting as an agency on behalf of this vacancy. Scattergood’s is a specialist Hospitality and Catering agency which provides Temporary and Permanent staff throughout the Surrey and Hampshire area.
In line with UK Immigration and Employment Law, only applicants eligible to live and work in the UK need apply. Proof of ID will be required in the form of a Passport, National ID Card or Birth Certificate upon application.
For this position, and other live vacancies, please visit our website www.scattergoods.co.uk
It is Scattergood’s intention to contact all applicants where possible, however if you have not heard from us within 5 days, please assume you have not been successful at this stage.
Click Here to apply online now, or call on 01483 461960