COMMIS CHEF / CHEF DE PARTIE – DAYTIMES – MAIDENHEAD
|Location||England, Berkshire, Maidenhead|
|Contact Name||Scattergoods Agency Ltd|
|Salary||£17000 - £21000 per annum + Benefits|
Our client, a well-established prestige garden centre situated in a beautiful location is seeking a quality driven inspirational Commis Chef/chef de Partie. The 70 cover Café, serves a contemporary breakfast menu, light lunches, snacks, daily specials, Afternoon Tea, coffees and home-made cakes with as much as possible
sourced locally. The Estate also hosts, and caters for a program of events throughout the year.
We are seeking an experienced, friendly and professional Commis chef / Chef de Partie to contribute in all aspects of delivering excellent quality and service to the customers. You must (absolutely) be a foodie with experience of dealing with short order food in what at times can be a high volume environment. You must also have excellent communication skills.
Commis chef / Chef de Partie Responsibilities & Duties:
Suitable candidates will ideally have a track record in Professional Cookery, a cool head, and be able to demonstrate skills in the following areas:
* To assist in the preparation, cooking and presentation of short order food to the highest standards in a clean, tidy, safe and pleasant environment.
* To prepare and cook sufficient food to provide the agreed amount of customer choice with minimum wastage.
* To ensure all food preparation is carried out in accordance with food hygiene procedures at all times.
* To ensure food is prepared to required standards checking for taste, presentation and quality.
* To ensure food is served promptly and work is carried out quickly and efficiently to keep up when busy.
* To ensure portion control, preparation and storage methods, avoid wastage and keep down costs.
* To ensure the kitchen and service area are clean, tidy and attractive during service.
* To ensure you know all about the food being prepared.
The Café is open 7 days per week. This is a full-time Chef position (40 hours per week) and you will be required to work 5 days out of 7 on a rota basis. It offers the benefit of daytime hours with occasional evenings required for special events.
Scattergood’s are acting as an agency on behalf of this vacancy. In line with UK Immigration and Employment Law, only applicants eligible to live and work in the UK need apply. For this position, and other live vacancies, please visit our website www.scattergoods.co.uk
Click Here to apply online now, or call Scattergoods Agency Ltd on 01483 461960