HEAD CHEF – SCHOOL – LIPHOOK
Head Chef – School – Liphook – Monday to Friday
Our client is a prestigious day and boarding school on the Hampshire / West Sussex border looking to recruit a Head Chef to work Monday to Friday and take the catering provision to the next level.
The role of the Head Chef is to ensure fantastic tasty food and exceptional service is provided for our 600 pupils and staff every day.
You will be working alongside four other experienced chefs in a fantastic new kitchen with top of the range equipment, serving fresh, imaginative, seasonal food. You will have the opportunity to be creative with the menus, not only for lunch but also for our amazing hospitality events which include large conferences, sit down dinners & canapé evenings.
They currently cater for a few weddings, but this is an area that we are looking to grow.
You will work with another chef on a Tuesday evening, running our cookery school for 6 students. At the end of the course, all the chefs work alongside the students to prepare a four course, sit down dinner for their parents. This is very rewarding.
As well as having very high standards of personal presentation and excellent communication and man management skills, you must have a real passion for food, be up to date with current
food trends and possess bags of enthusiasm.
* Be a proven, hands on leader
* Catering qualifications at 706 ½ or equivalent as a minimum
* Have good health & safety knowledge
* Possess good mathematics skills & be able to cost menus and order correctly within budget
* Menu design with flair and imagination
* Supervise, motivate and train your team
* You will be expected to step in and cover sickness and absence, which could be at short notice or over a weekend
* Make sure the cleaning schedule is followed to maintain a very clean kitchen
* Attend training courses when required, on or off site
* Monthly stocktake
* Prepare special dietary requirements and be fully up to date with food allergens
* Build excellent relationships with your clients
Salary of £30,000 to work 42 weeks of the year!
Monday – Friday
Approx. hours 6.30am – 4.30pm plus additional paid hours for a cookery school on Tuesday nights, which runs until 8.00pm
Scattergood’s are acting as an agency on behalf of this vacancy. Scattergood’s is a specialist Hospitality and Catering agency which provides Temporary and Permanent staff throughout the Surrey and Hampshire area.
In line with UK Immigration and Employment Law, only applicants eligible to live and work in the UK need apply. Proof of ID will be required in the form of a Passport, National ID Card or Birth Certificate upon application.
For this position, and other live vacancies, please visit our website www.scattergoods.co.uk
It is Scattergood’s intention to contact all applicants where possible, however if you have not heard from us within 5 days, please assume you have not been successful at this stage.
Click Here to apply online now, or call on 01483 461960