JUNIOR SOUS CHEF – HOTEL & CONFERENCE CENTRE – NR GUILDFORD
|Location||England, Surrey, Guildford|
|Contact Name||Scattergoods Agency Ltd|
|Salary||Up to £26000 per annum + benefits|
Our client a successful conference centre and Hotel are currently looking for a Jr Sous Chef for their conference centre on the outskirts of Guildford.
They have locally influenced menus with locally sourced products, generously created on property by their distinctive chefs.
This Junior Sous chef position offers an excellent salary + benefits including:
* First class training and development facilities including their own state of the art development kitchen and chef academies with NVQ level 2 & 3 qualifications through to Head Chef workshops. They have a range of courses to develop and enhance your career.
* Structured training and development programme
* NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery
* Food Safety qualification
* Career prospects within a renowned company
* Long service recognition of a free weekend after one year’s service
* Reduced staff accommodation rates within the Group
* Competitive salary
* Pension scheme
* Uniform provided
What is the main purpose of the role?
-Ensure complete customer satisfaction through creativity, experience and individuality.
-Development of any Apprentice or Commis assigned to your area.
-You will assist in running the kitchen, contributing to the overall success of the restaurant, outlet and banquets, in accordance with the hotel’s standards and financial goals.
Junior Sous Chef Key Responsibilities and Duties:
* Organises and sets up the assigned section of the Food, Beverage and Kitchens as efficiently as possible to increase speed and maximise productivity.
* Ensures that all dishes from that section are prepared consistently and according to standard recipes.
* Assists the Sous Chefs and Exec Chef in ensuring that all culinary standards in that section comply with company and Hotel Policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
* Monitors food and operating costs and controls these by reducing waste.
* Trains the Kitchen Porters in that section of kitchen in the skills
necessary for them to perform their function.
* Works in any sections of kitchen when necessary or as requested by the Senior Sous Chef or Exec Chef.
* Ensures the sanitation standards for kitchen are being met.
* Is familiar with all sections of the kitchen to facilitate the flexible use of colleagues.
* Ensures that operating and kitchen equipment is maintained to a good standard with minimum breakage.
* Provides fast, friendly, professional and responsive customer
service to the restaurant service delivery team.
* Ensures that set ticket times are met and communicates to management if not met.
* Checks stations assigned to and check for complete setups.
* Stays focused and is conscious about food presentation and consistency.
* Practices proper food handling procedures.
* Practices proper knife handling skills.
* Uses and applies proper kitchen safety procedures and basic cooking skills.
* Sets up, operates and cleans all kitchen machinery/equipment and stores it in its proper place.
* Maintains complete knowledge of correct maintenance and handling of equipment, using only as intended and only after proper training has been demonstrated.
* Efficiently works with materials and/or resources being aware
of and minimising costs and expenses.
* Keeps workstation clean at all times during service time.
* Performs all duties in adherence to all company standards and policy
* Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule and late hours when necessary.
* To attend all required company meetings and training.
The Ideal Junior Sous chef
* It would be preferable to have previous experience of working within a similar sized kitchen.
* You will need excellent organisational skills alongside the ability to work both independently as well as part of a team.
* It is essential that you can follow instructions whilst using your own initiative and prioritise tasks in fast paced and high pressured environment.
Scattergood’s are acting as an agency on behalf of this vacancy. Scattergood’s is a specialist Hospitality and Catering agency which provides Temporary and Permanent staff throughout the Surrey and Hampshire area.
In line with UK Immigration and Employment Law, only applicants eligible to live and work in the UK need apply. Proof of ID will be required in the form of a Passport, National ID Card or Birth Certificate upon application.
For this position, and other live vacancies, please visit our website www.scattergoods.co.uk
It is Scattergood’s intention to contact all applicants where possible, however if you have not heard from us within 5 days, please assume you have not been successful at this stage.
Click Here to apply online now, or call Scattergoods Agency Ltd on 01483 461960