ROVING SOUS CHEF – REGIONAL PUB GROUP – GODALMING/BORDON
|Location||England, Surrey, Godalming|
|Contact Name||Scattergoods Agency Ltd|
|Salary||£26000 - £31000 per annum + benefits|
Roving Sous Chef – Food Led Pub – Godalming/Bordon
Our client a premium group of regional food led pubs in Surrey are currently looking to recruit a Roving Sous Chef for a highly reputable food led Gastro Group covering 3 of their pubs in the Godalming / Bordon area..
As a company they strive to deliver the best for our customers and continually exceed their expectations. They firmly believe in local, fresh and seasonal produce and we take great pride in the food and service offered.
To assist the Head Chef in effectively running the kitchen, achieving all operational and commercial targets.
Your role will be:
– In Supporting and deputising in the Head Chefs absence.
– Ensure a high standard of food is served at all times
– To assist the Head Chef in effectively running the kitchen day to day, achieving all operational and commercial targets.
– Maintaining the overall standard of food offer with a continuous focus on innovation
– Sourcing of quality local produce, creativity and above all passion will be a key aspect of the Sous Chef role.
It is a position that requires
– A strong leader
– Someone who is personable, energetic and capable of managing and motivating an extensive kitchen team to deliver excellent food and achieve impeccable standards in all aspects of the kitchen operation.
– The Sous Chef to train, develop and nurture the kitchen team.
This is a totally ‘hands on’ role and it is essential that time is spent in managing and coaching the kitchen team.
* Passion for food.
* Totally customer focused.
* Honest, dedicated and hard working
* You must be a fun person with a good sense of humour who can enjoy work and the interaction with customers and other staff members
* Ambition and drive.
* Fun and enthusiastic personality who takes real pride in achieving exceptional customer service results.
The success of a sous chef will be measured in a number of ways:
* Customer feedback through various means
* Mystery dining results, internal audits and environmental health inspection results
* Employee development, retention and high levels of morale
* Relationship with senior managers and directors
The client are looking for an experienced Sous Chef who will have desires to progress to a Head chef hopefully with 12 to 18 months’ time
The client are passionate about promoting from within and creating our next senior chefs, chef de parties etc. is vital for the long term success of the company.
In return you will receive:
* Basic salary up to £26k max pa paid monthly in arrears
* Equal share of gratuities via Tronc, which equates to a minimum of £4.5k per year paid monthly with salary
* 2% bonus potential of pub profits, subject to the criteria being achieved, this would be on a pro-rata basis
* 28 days holiday per year ( we close Christmas day)
* Will include split shifts, there will be a least 1 straight per week and we always work to giving 2 days off together
* 25% discount in the pubs
* 4% contribution to pension if they opt in
Ultimately the base package, grats and achievable bonus will offer an OTE package of £31k plus in a full annual year
Scattergood’s are acting as an agency on behalf of this vacancy. Scattergood’s is a specialist Hospitality and Catering agency which provides Temporary and Permanent staff throughout the Surrey and Hampshire area.
In line with UK Immigration and Employment Law, only applicants eligible to live and work in the UK need apply. Proof of ID will be required in the form of a Passport, National ID Card or Birth Certificate upon application.
For this position, and other live vacancies, please visit our website www.scattergoods.co.uk
It is Scattergood’s intention to contact all applicants where possible, however if you have not heard from us within 5 days, please assume you have not been successful at this stage.
Click Here to apply online now, or call Scattergoods Agency Ltd on 01483 461960