SOUS CHEF – 2AA ROSETTE HOTEL – NR GUILDFORD
|Location||England, Surrey, Guildford|
|Contact Name||Scattergoods Agency Ltd|
|Salary||Up to £29000 per annum + benefits|
SOUS CHEF – 2AA ROSETTE HOTEL
Our client the newest member of a highly successful Hotel group in the South East are currently looking to recruit a Sous Chef.
The hotel is a beautiful Queen Anne style property, set within 26 acres of lovingly maintained gardens and woodlands, sitting in the heart of the Surrey Hill area of outstanding natural beauty just outside Guildford, Surrey. This idyllic location is 15 minutes from Guildford town and 45 mins from Central London.
The Hotel including all bedrooms have been completely refurbished. The hotels first
AA inspection has resulted in 4 Stars for the Hotel and 2 Rosettes for dining.
* Reporting to the Head Chef, with responsibility for all aspects of food production from sourcing suppliers to delivering customer excellence in the finished dish.
* Creating a restaurant menu to inspire local patrons, an afternoon tea menu that encourages loyal local business will all be on the to do list of the new Head Chef.
* You will be support by your Head Chef and will be provided with the equipment and staff resources you need to deliver on these ambitions.
You will be responsible for;
* Recruitment, training and coaching team of 6 Chefs and 3 Kitchen Porters – adding to your team as the business grows
* The menu planning, supplier resourcing, ordering, delivery, storage, preparation, cooking and service across the range of food areas within the Hotel
* Development of menu ideas to progress the food offering to achieve rosette standards across all areas of service; restaurant, banqueting, afternoon tea, corporate functions
* Ensure compliance with HACCP and food hygiene, health and safety legislation.
* Achieving gross profit targets on dishes to allow for future investment in the facilities and staffing
* Creating passion, flair and drive in your team to assist the hotel to achieve its quality and business objectives. Practice and promote effective teamwork and communication amongst your direct work colleagues and colleagues in other departments.
The business is varied offering catering to Hotel Guests, In-house Conference Delegates, as well as guests from the local area. Barnett Hill is a popular wedding venue with weddings
taking place in the 2 wedding suites.
* Experience of developing a quality hotel restaurant to 2 rosette standard
* Proven record of team selection and retention that supports the development of excellent standards
* Demonstrate during a cooking trial the practical ability and flair that will be required to drive and motivate others on the team to achieve
* Demonstrate ideas of how the food offering can be developed and standards improved when being interviewed
* Hold the experience to manage the multi menu requirements and busy banqueting operation.
* Live locally or have the ability to relocate to the area with own transportation.
* 4 weeks holiday increasing with service
* 8 Bank holidays
* Free car parking
* Employee uniform
In addition you will benefit from a range of company benefits including:
* Discounted hotel accommodation
* Discount off all food & beverage at all hotels
* Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme
* Complimentary overnight stays, complimentary lunch/afternoon tea and service related holiday
Scattergood’s are acting as an agency on behalf of this vacancy. Scattergood’s is a specialist Hospitality and Catering agency which provides Temporary and Permanent staff throughout the Surrey and Hampshire area.
In line with UK Immigration and Employment Law, only applicants eligible to live and work in the UK need apply. Proof of ID will be required in the form of a Passport, National ID Card or Birth Certificate upon application.
For this position, and other live vacancies, please visit our website www.scattergoods.co.uk
It is Scattergood’s intention to contact all applicants where possible, however if you have not heard from us within 5 days, please assume you have not been successful at this stage.
Click Here to apply online now, or call Scattergoods Agency Ltd on 01483 461960